Documents never lie and after all these are the secrets documents of Russia.
KGB chief victor Chebricov in December 1985 had sought in writing from the central Commitee of the Communist party of the Soviet union ( CPSU) authorization to make payments in US dollars to the family member of Mr. Rajiv Gandhi , namely Sonia Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi and Ms Paola Maino, Mother of Sonia Gandhi.’ This statement was mentioned by Dr. Yevgenia albats a soviet Journalist, in her book.
Later the Payment was authorised by a resolution on 20 December, 1985. She also revealed that payments had been since 1971 to Sonia Gandhi. The Komitet Gosudartvennoy Bezopasnoti, or KGB, was the committee for the security of the Soviet Union. They were a spy agency, and were terrifying mainly because of their incredibly accurate and efficient method for getting hold of information.
Why an organization like KGB was paying hefty amounts to Sonia Gandhi who was was the wife of Rajiv Gandhi? This matter is not like any other monetary scam because the parties involved here are a spy agency of Soviet Union family.
The Harvard’s Russian Scholars Yvgenis Albats in her Book The State with in a state: The KGB and its Hold on Russia” has spread light on another event. She says that in the Year 1982, the Soviet Union had Channelized Funds into a company controlled by Rajiv Gandhi. But Rajiv Gandhi’s death left Sonia Gandhi with enormous wealth. The wealth gained by Sonia Gandhi came to light only after the collapse of Soviet Union. So by this, one thing was clear that not only Sonia Gandhi, but even Rajiv and Indra Gandhi received money from KGB.
The Swiss news-magazine schweizer Illustriete( November 11, 1991) provided more details. Citing newly –opened KGB records, it reported that Sonia Gandhi, widow of the Former PM Rajiv Gandhi, was controlling a secrets account worth 2.5 billion Swiss Francs( about 2 Billion dollars at Current Exchange rates) in a Swiss bank in her Minor son’s name.
What was the Purpose of giving Money to Sonia and Indra Gandhi?
Well, everyone knew the deadly abilities of KGB ; they would not undertake any work without receiving a benefit in return. So the question is why the KGB deposited enormous amount of money to one of the Indian family, The Gandhi Family.
In another book named “The Mitrokhin ArchiveII” written by Vasili Mitrokhin, Further reveals various kinks between KGB and the Gandhi family. The Book Claims that the maximum operational effort by the KGB in a Third World Country During the Cold war was in India and that the number of KGB agents in India during the 1970s was the largest outside the soviet Union.
- Indra Gandhi, Codenamed VANO by the KGB, was sent suitcase of Money meant for the Congress coffers. On one occasion, a secret gift of Rs 2 Million from the Politburo to the Congress(R) was personally delivered by the KGB head in India Leonid Shebarshin. Another million rupee were given on the same occasion to a newspaper supporting Mrs Gandhi.
- In 1978, the KGB was running over 30 agents in India, 10 of who were Indian Intelligence officers.
- During 1975, a total of 10.6 million roubles was spent on active measures in India designed to strengthen the support of Mrs Gandhi and Undermined her Political opponents.
- Krishna Menon, as defence minister, was persuaded to buy Soviet MIGs and not British Lighnings. His election campaign in 1962 and 1967 were funded by the KGB.
- The Mitrokhin Archive was published in 1999 and it had created an earthquake in several nations. This book was compiled by a former KGB defector and his co-author.
At last, the question that haunts every Indian is whether this will be probed?
Traffic rule violators are punished!!! But why not the family that sold the Nation?